- Future Students
- Future Students - Home
- Admission Requirements
- Family & Consumer Science Education Academy
- Freshman Reading Program
- Graduate Students
- Important Dates
- Request for Information
- Scholarship & Financial Aid
- Study Abroad & International Opportunities
- Village Human Sciences/The PETE Project
- What Can I Study?
- Current Students
- Current Students - Home
- Applications & Opportunities
- Awards & Accolades
- Career Services
- Center for Student Success
- Computer Labs & Technology
- Honors College
- Make an Advising Appointment
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad & International Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research
- Alumni & Friends
- About Us
- Apply Now
CoHS Scholarship Applications for the 2018-19 Academic Year
Undergraduate Student Scholarships:
Current and/or continuing undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Human Sciences are eligible to compete for 2018-19 academic year scholarships at both the College and Departmental/School levels. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students during the period of the scholarship award (i.e., 12 hours or more; seniors enrolled in nine hours or more in their graduating semester are considered full time). A 2.5 minimum GPA is required by the College of Human Sciences for consideration for a scholarship.
To apply for all available College of Human Sciences undergraduate scholarships, current and/or continuing OSU undergraduate students must complete and submit the College of Human Sciences On-Line Undergraduate Scholarship Application by December 18, 2017, at 4:30 pm. Incoming transfer students who have already officially declared a major in the College of Human Sciences and have already enrolled in classes for spring 2018 may also apply for these scholarships.
Questions about College of Human Sciences and Departmental/School Scholarships? Call (405) 744-5053 and ask for Elizabeth Whitfield.
Scholarship Information for new and/or incoming students enrolling in Fall 2018:
- If you will be a new incoming freshman or new incoming transfer student in fall 2018, do NOT complete the above form.
- To qualify for scholarships, you must submit the Undergraduate Application for Admission/Scholarship 2018-2019 form available at http://admissions.okstate.edu.
- For fall 2018 incoming students, the deadline for priority consideration for scholarships is February 1, 2018.
- For questions about university level scholarships, call (405) 744-6604.
Scholarships for Graduate Students:
The College of Human Sciences is now accepting Graduate Student applications for College-level and department/school-level scholarships and fellowships for the 2018-19 academic year.
Criteria: Scholarship recipients must be majoring in a College of Human Sciences graduate degree program and enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours during each semester of the scholarship. At the master’s level a scholarship can be awarded for no more than two years, while at the doctoral level a scholarship can be awarded for no more than three years. Criteria vary for each scholarship and typically include scholastic record (e.g., GPA), college and university leadership activities, professional goals, etc.
Prepare a statement of educational background and professional goals which should include the following: a) your interests/ focus area for your graduate study; b) your academic achievements and leadership experiences; note if you have made a presentation at a professional conference; c) your planned thesis or dissertation research; if your advisory committee has approved your thesis/ dissertation proposal, please indicate; d) if your teaching or research has an international application, please explain; e) your professional goals and plans once you have completed your graduate degree; and f) your financial need. The statement of background and goals should be 2-3 pages in length.
As part of the on-line application, applicants will upload the following documents as PDF files:
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework; merged together as one PDF file; unofficial transcripts are acceptable;
- Statement of Educational Background and Professional Goals; and
- Curriculum vitae.
Applicants will also need to provide names of three individuals who will complete a separate on-line recommendation form and upload a recommendation letter; letters of recommendation should be signed, printed on official stationary and uploaded as a pdf to this address. (Note: Recommendation forms and letters are due Tuesday, December 19, 2017.)
Deadline: Monday, December 18, 2017 at 4:30 pm
To apply, visit the online application website for Graduate Students.