- Student Awards
- About Us
- PD Calendar
- Apply Now
Graduate Program - Apply
Applications may be submitted at any time. However, for full consideration of financial support, applications must be received by the Department by January 15. Matriculation is fall semester only.
What Materials Are Required?
- Official online OSU Graduate College Application (and pay the application fee)
- Transcripts with bachelor’s degree conferred or pending, as well as transcripts for any graduate coursework or degree(s)
- GRE (or GMAT) score report (Note: OSU's GRE institution code is 6546.)
- All international students must also submit scores from the TOEFL exam or the IELTS (academic stream) exam; the exam must have been taken within the last two years.
- Statement of background and goals (2-3 page statement; indicating why you have applied to the program at OSU and which faculty members you would like to work with, if admitted.)
- Recommendations letters from at least three references.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
In addition, Ph.D. program applicants must submit:
- Research paper in English that demonstrates technical writing skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize literature
Applicants in the area of Interior Design must submit:
What Are the Program’s Admission Requirements?
The DHM graduate faculty members consider a variety of factors when making an admission
recommendation, and academic background (i.e., the courses you have taken as an undergraduate)
and test scores will be considered along with your statement of goals.
Applicants must have:
- GPA - The department prefers a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 undergraduate for admission to the masters program and 3.5 graduate for admission to the PhD program (on a 4.0 scale)
- GRE/GMAT - The department prefers a minimum 3.5 score on the analytical writing portion of the exam, but scores on the verbal and quantitative components will also be considered.
- For international students, the university and department require a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or an IELTS academic stream score of at least 6.5.
- For Interior Design M.S. degree applicants, an undergraduate degree in interior design, interior architecture, architecture, landscape architecture, facility management or industrial/product design is required; for Interior Design Ph.D. applicants, one degree in interior design, interior architecture, architecture, landscape architecture, facility management or industrial/product design is required.
For application process and inquiries, contact
Dr. Gina Gould Peek, DHM Graduate Program Coordinator &
Associate Professor & Cooperative Extension Housing and Consumer Specialist
Oklahoma State University
443 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078