- Student Awards
- About Us
- PD Calendar
- Apply Now
Visit the Department of Design, Housing and Merchandising
431 Human Sciences
122 N Monroe St.
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078
From I-35 (Oklahoma City)
- Take Exit #174 and turn east onto US HWY 51 toward Stillwater.
- Continue east on US HWY 51 for 17 miles to the city of Stillwater. HWY 51 becomes W. 6th Avenue.
- Turn left (north) onto Western Road. Western Road becomes West Hall of Fame Ave and curves east (right).
- Continue on West Hall of Fame Avenue until the light at Monroe Street.
- *Turn right (south) onto Monroe Street. The College of Human Sciences is located in the Human Sciences building approximately .1-mile south of Farm Road on the west (right) side of Monroe Street.
From the Cimarron Turnpike (Tulsa)
- Take the Cimarron Turnpike (US HWY 412) and go 60 miles west to the Stillwater “Y” exit.
- Take the Stillwater “Y” exit and go 8 miles to the Perkins Road exit.
- Turn south (left) after the exit and go south to West Hall of Fame Avenue.
- Turn right (west) onto West Hall of Fame Avenue until the light at Monroe Street.
- *Turn left (south) onto Monroe Street. The College of Human Sciences is located in the Human Sciences building approximately .1-mile south of Farm Road on the west (right) side of Monroe Street.
*Note: If you wish to obtain a free visitor parking permit, instead of turning south onto Monroe Street, turn north and then right (east) on West Scott Avenue. Park in the visitor spaces behind the the Multi-Modal Transportation Terminal and then go into the MMTT building entrance on the southeast side of the building to obtain a parking permit (you will need the make, model and tag number of your vehicle.)
Option 1: Visitor Permit
If you are visiting the Department of Design, Housing and Merchandising, we suggest that you obtain a free visitor parking permit at the Multi-Modal Transportation Terminal on campus, or you can park at one of the over 200 parking meters on campus. To obtain a parking permit, park in the visitor spaces behind the the Multi-Modal Transportation Terminal and then go into the MMTT building entrance on the southeast side of the building to obtain a parking permit (you will need the make, model and tag number of your vehicle.)
Option 2: Monroe Street Parking Garage
The Monroe Street Parking Garage provides metered parking for OSU visitors. This garage is located at the northeast corner of Monroe Street and West Scott Avenue (directly north of the Multi-Model Transportation Terminal). Hourly visitor parking spaces are located in the first floor. The parking meters accept coins, bills and credit cards.
Option 3: Metered Parking
Oklahoma State University has more than 200 parking meters on campus.
The Atherton Hotel at the Student Union
Located on the campus of Oklahoma State University, the Atherton Hotel provides refined lodging, restaurant facilities and easy access to campus activities. To make reservations with the Atherton call 405.744.6835 or visit their website.
Other Stillwater Hotels
The Stillwater Convention and Visitor's Bureau maintains a list of Stillwater lodging accommodations on their website.
Schedule a Campus Visit
You will feel like you are part of the Cowboy family from the moment you step on campus. Register for a campus tour and come find out for yourself! Visit admissions.okstate.edu/visit to schedule your campus visit today!
Visit Us Virtually
Design, Housing and Merchandising is proud to be the home to Interior Design artifacts reflective of multiple time periods. This collection was funded with a generous estate gift by former faculty member Dr. Leevera Pepin. The collection is being digitized and items currently available for 3D viewing and their descriptions are located at the following link, select “artifacts” and enjoy seeing Frank Lloyd items in the collection. Work continues on digitizing other holdings in the collection.