429B Human Sciences
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Oklahoma State University||Human Environmental Sciences|
|M.S.||Middle East Technical University, Turkey||Engineering Sciences|
|B.S.||Middle East Technical University, Turkey||Civil Engineering|
|Flat Pattern Design||DHM 3013|
|Computer Aided Flat Pattern Design||DHM 3023|
Research Statement:Functional clothing design and evaluation is the primary focus of my scholarship. In particular, I have been active in developing garment and garment systems for ballistic and thermal protection in both military and civilian applications. I have expertise in performance testing of apparel and textile products for the industry, as well as developing smart garments for fire fighters. I am also interested in kinesiology of human body especially when it applies to performance in functional clothing. I am currently involved in (1) the development of smart garments embedded with multiple sensors for continuous monitoring of at risk patients; (2) developing collaborative multi-discipline educational programs that link functional apparel with research areas such as medicine/patient care and space exploration.
- Functional Apparel Design and Evaluation
- Park, H. , Branson, D., Kim, S., Warren, A., Jacobson, B., Petrova, A., Peksoz, S., & Kamenidis, P. (2014). Effect of Armor and Carrying Load on Body Balance and Leg Muscle Function. Gait and Posture, 39(1), 430-435.
- Park, H., Branson, D., Petrova, A., Peksoz, S., Goad, C., Warren, A. J., Jacobson, B., & Kamenidis, P. (2013). Effects of Body Armor and Load Carriage on Lower Limb Joint Movement. Journal of Human Performance in Extreme Environments, 10(2), Article 3.
- Park, H., Branson, D., Petrova, A., Peksoz, S., Jacobson, B., Warren, A., Goad, C., & Kamenidis, P. (2013). Impact of Ballistic Body Armour and Load Carriage on Walking Patterns and Perceived Comfort. Ergonomics, 56 (7), 1167-1179.
- Nam, J. , Peksoz, S., Branson, D. H., & Cao, H. (2012). Arm armor system performance study: Net effect (Perceptual response) analysis. International Journal of Human Ecology, 13 (1), 117-128.
- Park, H., An, S. K., Peksoz, S., Cao, H., & Branson, D. (2012). Core Body Temperature Prediction through Monitoring of Microclimate under Body Armor Using Thermal Manikin. American Association of Textiles and Chemists and Colorists Review, 12(2), 69-72.
- Choi, K., Park, H., Chung, E., & Peksoz, S. (2011). Scientometric Analysis of Research in Smart Clothing: State of the Art and Future Direction. 2011 Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 6776, 500-508.
- Park, H., Nolli, G., Branson, D., Peksoz, S., & Petrova, A. (2011). Impact of Wearing Body Armor on Lower Body Mobility. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 29 (3), 232-247.
- Park, H., An, S. K., Peksoz, S., Cao, H., & Branson, D. (2010). Core Body Temperature Prediction through Monitoring of Microclimate under Body Armor Using Thermal Manikin. American Association of Textiles and Chemists and Colorists Review, Atlanta, GA (Full paper).
- Cao, H., Branson, D.H., Peksoz, S., Nam, J., & Farr, C.A. (2006). Fabric selection for a liquid cooling garment. Textile Research Journal, 76(7), 587-595.
- Peksoz, S., Branson, D., Cao, H., Jacobson, B., Farr, C.A., & Nam, J. (2006). Evaluation of two liquid cooled prototype vests through human subject testing. Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, (RJTA).10(3), 17-27.
- Branson, D.H., Farr, C.A., Peksoz, S., Nam, J., & Cao, H. (2005). Development of a prototype personal cooling system for first responders: User feedback. Journal of ASTM International, 2(2), 1-11.
- Cao, H., Branson, D.H., Nam, J., Peksoz, S., & Farr, C.A. (2005). Development of a cooling capability test method for liquid-cooled textile system. Journal of ASTM International, 2(1), 1-10.
- Nam, J., Branson, D.H., Ashdown, S., Cao, H., Jin, B., Peksoz, S., & Farr, C.A. (2005). Fit analysis of liquid cooled vest prototypes using 3D body scanning technology, Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, 4(3), 1-13.
- Stone, J., Kim, J., Branson, D., & Peksoz, S. (2003). An exploratory study of experimental sunhat designs. Journal of Korean Society for the Clothing Industry, 5(6), 565-573.