|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK||Human Environmental Sciences, Nutrition Sciences emphasis|
|M.S.||Central State University, Edmond, Oklahoma||Nutrition and Food Management|
|B.S.||Central State University, Edmond, Oklahoma||Vocational Education, Family & Consumer Sciences|
|Principles of Nutrition|
|Nutritional Sciences Graduate Seminar|
- Certified Healthy Oklahoma Schools Advisory Council. 2011-present.
- eXtension Families, Food and Fitness Community of Practice Executive Leadership Team. 2011-2013
Awards & Recognition:
- Sternberg Award of Excellence in Advancing the Land Grant Mission. Oklahoma State University. 2013
- Marguerite Scruggs Award for Early Career Meritorious Research. College of Human Sciences, Oklahoma State University. 2012
- Outstanding Team Award, All 4 Kids Preschool Obesity Prevention Program: Pilot Study. Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service. 2012
- Dr. Rodney Huey Memorial Champions of Oklahoma Health and Champion of Childrenís Health. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma. 2010
- Gladys Spivey Professional Development Award.Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service. 2010
- School Nutrition Association
- American Dietetic Association
- Society for Nutrition Education
Research Statement:My research interest is related to understanding how the environments where we live, work and learn influence obesogenic behaviors. The work is achieved through partnerships and engagement with community organizations. What we learn through these efforts contributes to the development of strategies, systems and policies aimed at promoting lifestyles and ultimately improved health outcomes.
- School Nutrition and Health Programs
- Childhood Obesity Prevention
Evaluation of Healthy Living Program Initiative. Hildebrand D, Betts NM, Fink K. Schultz, C. Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust sub-grant from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences 2015-present. Role: PI. ¬†
Cooking for Kids: Culinary Training for School Nutrition Professionals. Hildebrand D, Brown B, Ruby S, Brennen P.October 2013 ‚Äď pesent. Oklahoma State Department of Education. (Ongoing 1-year renewable contracts through 2018) Role: PI.
Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act: Technical assistance resources and training curriculum development. Hildebrand D. February 2013- September 2013. Oklahoma State Department of Education. Role: PI.
Updated USDA school nutrition standards curriculum development and training of Oklahoma school food authorities. Hildebrand D. January 2012-January 2013. Oklahoma State Department of Education. Role: PI.
Do gut-mediated benefits of fruits and vegetables prevent obesity and its detrimental effects on bone? Smith BJ, Lucas EA, Clarke SL, Hermann J, Hildebrand D, Lightfoot S. Oklahoma Agricultural Experimental Station. July 1, 2013-June, 30, 2015. Role: Co-investigator.
Broadening use of choice architecture strategies in middle-school nutrition settings and understanding the extent to which use of strategies impact middle-school students selection of fruits and vegetables. Hildebrand DA, Kennedy T, Wiener J. Cornell University Center for Behavioral Economics in Child Nutrition, USDA flow-through funds. June 2012-June 30, 2014. Role: PI
All 4 Kids Preschool Obesity Prevention: Pilot Study and Resiliency Research. Hildebrand D. Kelley J. USDA AFRI sub-grant from University of Nevada, Reno. 2011-2013. Role: PI.¬†
Evaluation of Communities of Excellence in Physical Activity and Nutrition Initiative. Hildebrand D, Betts NM, Fink K. Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust. 2010-2015. Role: PI. ¬†
Using positive deviance principles to identify best practices of choice architecture and build research capacity with school food authorities. Hildebrand D, Kelsey K, Scott-Halsell S, Wiener J. 2010-2011. USDA Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Program. Role: PI.
Growing Strong Bodies and Minds: A literacy-based nutrition education curriculum for young children. Hildebrand D. ¬†Oklahoma State Department of Health. 2008-2009. Role: PI. ¬†
Tapping into the Power of Influence: Demonstration project.¬† Hildebrand D. USDA Southwest Region/Chickasaw Nation sub-grant. 2009. Role: Evaluator.¬†
Developing value-based core nutrition messages for parents with elementary school-age children. Hildebrand D.¬† Oklahoma Department of Health and Human Services, Community Nutrition Education Program (CNEP) sub-grant. 2009. Role: PI.¬†
Farm to You: An interactive agriculture/nutrition exhibit. Hildebrand D.¬† Role: PD.¬† Multiple collaborators and funding sources:
- Oklahoma State University Division of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources Team Initiative Program Grant.Concept and capital development.
- Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service Capital Improvement.¬†
- Oklahoma State Department of Health.¬†
- Southwest Dairy Farmers.
Qualitative investigation of emotions and values that drive nutrition related decisions of parents with school age children living in urban and rural Oklahoma.¬† Hildebrand D.¬† OSU Vice President of Research and Technology Transfer.¬† 2008. Role: ¬†PI.¬†
Evaluation of the Food and Fun for Everyone nutrition curriculum. Hildebrand D. Oklahoma Department of Health and Human Services.Oklahoma Nutrition Education (ONE) Food Stamp Program Sub-grant. 2008. Role: PI.¬†
Evaluation of coordinated school health programs in Oklahoma. Hildebrand D, Sternlof S. Oklahoma State Department of Health. 2007.Role: PI.
Assessing Determinants of Fruit and Vegetable Consumption in Low-Income, Minority Pre-School Age Children in Urban Oklahoma. Humenikova L, Hildebrand D, Betts N. Oklahoma Agriculture Experiment Station Grant.2007.Role: Co-PI.
- Sigman-Grant M, Byington T, Lindsay A, Minggen L, Mobley A, Fitzgerald N, & Hildebrand, D.A. (2014). Preschoolers can distinguish between healthy and unhealthy food: The All 4 Kids study. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 46(2):121-127.
- Hildebrand, D.A., Garrard-Foster, D., & Jacob, T. (2012). Food and Fun for Everyone: A community nutrition education program (CNEP) for third and fourth grade students. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 44(1):93-95.
- Hildebrand, D.A., McCarthy P, Tipton D, Merriman C, Schrank M, & Newport M (2012). Comprehensive integration of principles of influence improves breastfeeding initiation rates among WIC participants. Submitted to the Journal for Nutrition Education and Behavior, Manuscript number: JNEB-D-12-00319.
- Jackson S, Gates G, & Hildebrand, D.A. (2012). Participation in the USDAís Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) in Elementary School Influences Fruit and Vegetable Selection in Middle School. Submitted to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Klufa, J., Hildebrand, D.A., Betts, N.M., Yuhas J, & Schultz C. (2012). Community readiness model suggests low awareness for obesity prevention efforts. Submitted to the Journal for Nutrition Education and Behavior, Manuscript number: JNEB-D-12-00273.
- Hildebrand, D.A., McCarthy, P., & Crossley, N. (2010). Conversations with Parents: Assessing the Hopes and Dreams of Parents of Elementary School Age Children and Perceived Relevance of Nutrition and Activity Recommendations. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 42(4S):S88. Presented at the Society for Nutrition Education National Conference, Reno, NV.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Shriver, L. H. (2010). A Quantitative and Qualitative Approach to Understanding Fruit and Vegetable Availability in Low-Income African American Families with Children Enrolled in an Urban Head Start Program. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 110(5):710-718.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Stover, A. (2010). Farm to You: A Traveling, interactive nutrition education exhibit enhances classroom based nutrition education. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 42(4S):S121. Presented at the Society for Nutrition Education National Conference, Reno, NV
- Shriver, L. H., Hildebrand, D.A., & Austin, H.D. (2010). Determinants of fruit and vegetables availability in Hispanic Head Start families with pre-school age children living in an urban mid-western area. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 42(5):299-306.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Betts, N.M. (2009). Assessment of stage of change, decisional balance, self-efficacy and use of processes of low-income parents for increasing servings of fruits and vegetables to preschool-age children. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 4(2):110-119.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Sternlof S.A. (2009). An evaluation of coordinated school health in Oklahoma. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 41(4S):S29-S30. Presented at the Society for Nutrition Education Behavior, New Orleans, LA.
- Hildebrand, D.A. (2007). The family meal: an educational materials review. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 39(1):55-56
- Quigley, K.K., Absher, A.G., Hildebrand, D.A., & Johnson, C.A. (2006). Feeding the generations: a unique generational feeding program Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 98(4), 10-14.