434B Human Sciences
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA||Human Ecology (Merchandising), Minor in Marketing|
|M.S.||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA||Human Ecology (Merchandising)|
|B.I.D||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA||Interior Design|
|Supervised Field Experience||DHM 3301|
|Materials and Finishes for Interior Design||DHM 3303|
|Interior Design III: Small Scale Contract||DHM 3363|
|Interior Design Studio IV: Environmental Design||DHM 3453|
|Interior Design IV: Environmental Systems, Honors Contract||DHM 3453|
|Professional Practices for Interior Designers||DHM 3823|
|Interior Design Studio V: Large Scale Commercial||DHM 4264|
|Facility Management and Design||DHM 4433|
|Facility Management and Design (*GRAD)||DHM 4433*|
|Environmental Sustainability Issues for Designers and Merchandisers||DHM 4573|
|Environmental Sustainability Issues for Designers and Merchandisers Honors Contract||DHM 4573|
|Environmental Sustainability Issues for Designers and Merchandisers (*GRAD)||DHM 4573*|
|Problems in DHM||DHM 4810|
|Special Project||DHM 4850|
|Honors Creative Component||DHM 4900|
|Master’s Thesis||DHM 5000|
|Orientation to Graduate Studies in Design, Housing and Merchandising||DHM 5001|
|MS Creative Component||DHM 5240|
|Graduate Interior Design Studio||DHM 5353|
|Problems in Design, Housing and Merchandising – Lighting (GRAD)||DHM 5810*|
|Special Projects - Lighting for Retail Interiors (GRAD)||DHM 6410|
Awards & Recognition:
- National: American Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) Board on Human Sciences (BoHS) Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, 2013.
- University: Selected as one of two OSU representatives to travel to Ethiopia, 2013.
- College: Nominated for the Outstanding Community Engagement Award, 2013.
- College: OSU Human Sciences Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, 2013.
- University: OSU Fall Semester Sabbatical Award, 2013.
- College: Nominated for the Outstanding Community Engagement Award, 2012.
- College: Recognized as Outstanding Role Model, OSU Human Sciences Student Council, Student Faculty Appreciation Dinner November 14, 2012
- International: International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) Educator Travel Stipend, 2012.
- University: OSU School of International Studies as an International Studies (SIS) Affiliate, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- University: OSU Creativity and Innovation Affiliate, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- College: Chris Salmon Professorship in Interior Design Medal, 2011
- International: International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Educator of the Year, 2010.
- International: Recognized by Editor for writing “25th Book Review” for Lighting Design and Application Magazine (LD+A) as Book Review Editor, 03/09.
- International: OSU’s Interior Design Program was selected as International Association of Lighting Designers’ (IALD) “Outreach Program/School”, 2008 & 2009. (One of only 20 schools in the nation to receive this honor.)
- National: Selected for inclusion in “Marquis Who’s Who in America”, 2009 & 2010 Editions.
- State: Awarded by the Baton Rouge chapter of International Facility Management Association (IFMA), plaque “For 30 years of Outstanding Lighting Design Work Concurrent with 23 Years of Outstanding Design Education”, 2009.
- State: Received “Continuing Education Certificate of Participation” and Continuing Education Credit from OKC Section of Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and OG+E, Sustainable Lighting, 2009.
- University: Awarded by the interior design students in the OSU International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Student chapter, 2008-2009, Plaque: For Outstanding Service and Dedication, 2009.
- University: Nominated by OSU Interior Design Graduate Student for Mentor of the Year, 2009.
- National: Selected to receive “Optics Demonstration Effects Kit for Lighting Educators”, by Board of the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) Education Trust Fund, 2008 2006 & 2004. (Award was “…based upon personal, repeated demonstration of a long term dedication to lighting education &… personal utilization of available lighting resources & programs”.)
- University: Named as Christine Salmon Endowed Professor, 2007-2011.
- Certificate of Commendation, American Association for State and Local History, 1996 (Juried).
- American Association of Textile Chemists & Colorists, .First Place for Intersectional National Paper Competition, 2000 (Juried).
- Mannington Commercial Inc., “Prestigious Installation , 2004.
- Design Educators National Exhibition, First Place, 2002 (Juried).
- Academic Keys Who’s Who in Fine Arts Education, 2006
- National Hospitality Industry Network (NEWH)
- International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Phi Beta Delta, National Honor Society Promoting International Understanding
- Phi Upsilon Omicron, National Home Economics Honor Society
- Omicron Nu, National Home Economics Honor Society
- Gamma Sigma Delta National Honorary Agricultural Society
- Lighting Design
- Facility Design and Management
- Sustainable Design
- Hebert, P. R., Kang, M., & Kramp, J. (2013). Safety lighting: Exterior illumination at an existing U.S. Government facility. Journal of Facility Management, 11(3), 210-225.
- Peek, G., Hebert, P. R., Frazier, S., & Kang, M. (2013). Measuring lighting with useful tools. Journal of Extension, 51(5). 5T0T7.
- Hebert, P. R. (2012). In situ perceptions of a move: Facility management interns consider scientist end-users at a national lab. Journal of Facilities Management, 10 (2),114 – 132.
- Hebert, P. R. & Chaney, S. (2012). Using end-user surveys to enhance faiclities design and management. Facilities, 30 (11/12), 458 - 471
- Hebert, P. R. & Chaney, S. (2011). Enhancing facilities management through generational awareness Journal of Facilities Management, Vol. 9 Iss: 2, pp.145 – 152.
- Stall-Meadows, C. & Hebert, P. R. (2011). The sustainable consumer: an in-situ study of residential lighting alternatives as influenced by in-field education. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 35 (2), 164-170.
- Stall-Meadows, C., Hebert, P. R., & Chaney, S. (2011). Service learning in sustainable lighting: a field study engaging populations high in rural Native Americans. International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering, 6(1), 80-92.
- Hebert, P. R. (2001). Shedding Some Light on Store Atmospheres: Influence of Illumination on Consumer Behavior Journal of Business Research, 54 (2),145-150.
- Hebert, P. R. (2001). National Retail Lighting Committee, Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES)Recommended Practices in Merchandise Lighting: A Store Lighting Guide. Hauppaauge, NY: Nova Science..
- Summers, T. A., Belleau, B. D., Von Hoven, T. V., Xu, Y., Hebert, P. R., & Negulescu, I. I. (2000). Analyses of Market Potential of Exotic Leather Apparel and Interior Products. Textile Chemists and Colorists/American Dyestuff Reporter, 32 (11), 2-8.
- Hebert, P. R. (1999). Sole Judge and Work Featured: New Orleans International Airport West Terminal Lighting Design, Refereed Educators’ National Exhibit Catalog, & Juried Exhibition. Hauppaauge, NY: Nova Science..
- Hebert, P. R. (1998). Lighting Fixture Design, Refereed International IDEC Innovative Teaching Manual, Online. (Inaugural issue of juried on-line journal.) Hauppaauge, NY: Nova Science..
- Hebert, P. R. (1998). Student Dialogue with Mexico, Refereed International IDEC Innovative Teaching Manual, Online. (Inaugural issue of juried on-line journal.) Hauppaauge, NY: Nova Science..
- Hebert, P. R. (1993). Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES) Merchandise Lighting National Subcommittee, (1993). IES Lighting Handbook, 8th Ed., Part IV. Lighting Applications, Chapter 18, Lighting for Merchandise Areas. Hauppaauge, NY: Nova Science..
Juried Exhibitions (click to view)