Oklahoma State University


Oklahoma State University |Cleo L. Craig Foundation Child Development Laboratory

Welcome to CDL

Welcome to the Early Childhood Teaching and Learning Laboratories

The Oklahoma State University Child Development Laboratory has a rich tradition of excellence in early childhood education. Housed in the College of Human Sciences, the Child Development Laboratory opened in 1924 becoming the second land grant university to have this type of specialized lab. The present facility was opened in 1983. A $1 million renovation in 2006 created the Cleo L. Craig Foundation Child Development Laboratory. In 2010, another $300,000 renovation provided space to integrate the RISE School of Stillwater with the Cleo L. Craig Foundation Child Development Laboratory. Today, the Child Development Laboratory is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and meets the criteria set by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services to be rated as a Three-Star facility. The Child Development Laboratory expansion provides an inclusive environment for all.

The OSU Child Development Lab is creating a new playground that will foster lifelong learners with strong imaginations and an appreciation for the outdoors. The Return to Nature Project will encompass 13,750 square-feet of outdoor educational play space that will unleash children’s imaginations and senses of wonder through a variety of sensory and learning stations.
Child Development Lab Celebrates 90 years of Growing the Future
In late 1924, Oklahoma A&M College became the nation’s second land-grant institution to establish a nursery school. Today the program is considered one of the best. 

For 90 years the Child Development Laboratory in the College of Human Sciences has nurtured children and their families, trained future teachers, facilitated research and provided quality child development programming to the community.