OSU's Center for Family Resilience and Center for Health Sciences co-host Journal Club twice each semester. Faculty and students are welcome... Please join us!
Journal Club Goal
The goal of CFR Journal Club is to introduce participants to new concepts, theories, and methods for understanding risk and resilience. This will be done via a systematic review of the quality of a research article, along with discussion of corresponding implications for clinical practice (i.e., Will I use this article to shape the way I interact with my patient?) and potential for future research projects.
CFR Journal Club meetings are...
- Held at the Center for Health Sciences (CHS)
- Held three times/semester (See schedule)
- Attended by pediatric residents, students, and faculty, and are open to OSU faculty/students as well.
- Focused on one article per meeting.
If you would like to read the article ahead of time, email Dr. Harrist (email@example.com) for a copy.
Format for the Journal Club
- Participants should read the assigned article before the Journal Club meeting.
- A CHS Resident and an OSU Human Sciences Faculty member will present the assigned empirical article.
- Dr. Colony Fugate or Dr. Jeremy Jones will help facilitate the ensuing discussion of the article.