- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- About Us
- Apply Now
Associate Professor; Associate Department Head315 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Ph.D.||Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK||Human Environmental Sciences, Nutrition Sciences emphasis|
|M.S.||Central State University, Edmond, Oklahoma||Nutrition and Food Management|
|B.S.||Central State University, Edmond, Oklahoma||Vocational Education, Family & Consumer Sciences|
School Nutrition and Health Programs, Childhood Obesity Prevention
- Hildebrand D, Blevins P, Carl L, Brown B, Betts NM. Use of community readiness model to develop and evaluate a pilot culinary training program for school nutrition staff. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2017, in press.
- Rakotomanana H, Gates G, Hildebrand D, Stoecker BJ. BMC Public Health. Situation and determinants of the Infant and young Child Feeding (IYFC) indicators in Madagascar: Analysis of the demographic and health survey. Accepted 2017, in press.
- Rakotomanana H, Gates G, Hildebrand D, Stoecker BJ. The determinants of stunting in children under five in Madagascar. Maternal and Child Nutrition. Accepted November, 2016, in press.
- Hildebrand RA, Miller B, Warren A, Hildebrand D, Smith BJ. Compromised vitamin D status negatively affects muscular strength and power of collegiate athletes. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2016; 26(6):558-564.
- Hildebrand DA, McCarthy P, Tipton D, Merriman C, Schrank M, Newport M. Comprehensive integration of principles of influence improves breastfeeding initiation rates among WIC participants. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2014; 46(6):458-466.
- Sigman-Grant M, Byington T, Lindsay A, Minggen L, Mobley A, Fitzgerald N, & Hildebrand, D.A. (2014). Preschoolers can distinguish between healthy and unhealthy food: The All 4 Kids study. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 46(2):121-127.
- Hildebrand, D.A., Garrard-Foster, D., & Jacob, T. (2012). Food and Fun for Everyone: A community nutrition education program (CNEP) for third and fourth grade students. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 44(1):93-95.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Shriver, L. H. (2010). A Quantitative and Qualitative Approach to Understanding Fruit and Vegetable Availability in Low-Income African American Families with Children Enrolled in an Urban Head Start Program. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 110(5):710-718.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Stover, A. (2010). Farm to You: A Traveling, interactive nutrition education exhibit enhances classroom based nutrition education. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 42(4S):S121. Presented at the Society for Nutrition Education National Conference, Reno, NV
- Shriver, L. H., Hildebrand, D.A., & Austin, H.D. (2010). Determinants of fruit and vegetables availability in Hispanic Head Start families with pre-school age children living in an urban mid-western area. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 42(5):299-306.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Betts, N.M. (2009). Assessment of stage of change, decisional balance, self-efficacy and use of processes of low-income parents for increasing servings of fruits and vegetables to preschool-age children.Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 4(2):110-119.
- Hildebrand, D.A. & Sternlof S.A. (2009). An evaluation of coordinated school health in Oklahoma. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 41(4S):S29-S30. Presented at the Society for Nutrition Education Behavior, New Orleans, LA.
- Hildebrand, D.A. (2007). The family meal: an educational materials review. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 39(1):55-56
- Quigley, K.K., Absher, A.G., Hildebrand, D.A., & Johnson, C.A. (2006). Feeding the generations: a unique generational feeding program Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 98(4), 10-14.
|Principles of Nutrition|
|Nutritional Sciences Graduate Seminar|
|Obesity Across the Lifespan|
Awards & Recognition:
Outstanding Advisor Award. College of Human Sciences, Oklahoma State University. 2017
- Sternberg Award of Excellence in Advancing the Land Grant Mission. Oklahoma State University. 2013
- Marguerite Scruggs Award for Early Career Meritorious Research. College of Human Sciences, Oklahoma State University. 2012
- Outstanding Team Award, All 4 Kids Preschool Obesity Prevention Program: Pilot Study. Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service. 2012
- Dr. Rodney Huey Memorial Champions of Oklahoma Health and Champion of Children’s Health. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma. 2010
- Gladys Spivey Professional Development Award.Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service. 2010
- School Nutrition Association
- American Dietetic Association
- Society for Nutrition Education
- Certified Healthy Oklahoma Schools Advisory Council. 2011-present.
- eXtension Families, Food and Fitness Community of Practice Executive Leadership Team. 2011-2013