- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- About Us
- Apply Now
Associate Professor312 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Ph.D.||Iowa State University|
|M.S.||University of New York at Albany|
Effects of heavy metals on child development, Effects of micronutrients on child development, Children with disabilities, Maternal and child nutrition
- Evans, S. F., Tenkku, L. E., Kennedy, T., Zoorob, R., & Rudeen, K. (2014). Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders: Survey of healthcare providers after continuing education. Journal of Intellectual Disability Diagnosis and Treatment, 2(2), 133-143.
- *Aubuchon-Endsley NL., *Grant SL, Thomas DG, Kennedy, T., Berhanu G, Stoecker, B. J., Hubbs-Tait, L., & Hambidge, K. M. (2012). Infant responsiveness, alertness, hemoglobin and growth in rural Sidama, Ethiopia.Maternal and Child Nutrition, Advance online publication. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-8709.2011.00391.x.
- *Aubuchon-Endsley, N. L., Thomas, D. G., Kennedy, T. S., *Grant, S. L., & *Valtr, T. (2012). Interactive effects of maternal affect and nutrition on parenting. Women & Health, 52(3), 197-213. doi: 10.1080/03630242.2012.662933.
- Harrist, A. W., Topham, G.L., Hubbs-Tait, L., Page, M. C., Kennedy, T. S., & Shriver, L. H. (2012). What developmental science can contribute to a transdisciplinary understanding of Childhood Obesity: An inter- and intrapersonal risk model. Child Development Perspectives, 6, 445-465.
- Topham, G.L., Hubbs-Tait, L., Rutledge, J. M., Page, M. C., Kennedy, T. S., Shriver, L. H., & Harrist, A. H. (2011). Parenting styles, parental response to child emotion, and family emotional expressiveness are related to child emotional eating. Appetite, 56, 261-264.
- Topham, G.L., Harrist, A. W. , Page, M. C., Rutledge, J. M., Kennedy, T., Shriver, L. H., & Hubbs-Tait, L. (2010). Maternal Depression and Socioeconomic Status Moderate the Parenting Style/Child Obesity Association. Public Health Nutrition, 13, 1237-1244.
- DeVault, N., Kennedy, T, Hermann, J., Mwavita, M., Rask, P., & Jaworsky, A. (2009). It’s all about kids: Preventing overweight in elementary school children in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 109(4):680-7.
- Hubbs-Tait, L., *Mulugeta A , *Bogale A, Kennedy, T., & Stoecker, B.J. (2009). Independent and interactive effects of iron, lead, and parenting on children’s cognitive outcomes. Developmental Neuropsychology, 34:175-195.
- Hubbs-Tait, L., Mulugeta, A., Bogale, A., Kennedy, T. S., Baker, E. R., & Stoecker, B. J. (2009). Main and interaction effects of iron, zinc, lead, and parenting on children’s cognitive outcomes. Developmental Neuropsychology, 34, 175–195.
- Stoecker, B. J., Abebe, Y., Hubbs-Tait, L., Kennedy, T. S., Gibson, R. S., Arbide, I., Teshome, A., Westcott, J., Krebs, N. F., & Hambidge, K. M. (2009). Zinc status and cognitive function of pregnant women in Southern Ethiopia.European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 63:916-918.
- Hubbs-Tait, L., Kennedy, T, Page, M.C., Topham, G.L., & Harrist, A.W. (2008). Authoritative, authoritarian, and permissive parenting styles: predicted by unique combinations of restriction, pressure, responsibility, monitoring and modeling. Journal of American Dietetic Association, 108: 1154-1161.
- Hubbs-Tait, L., Kennedy, T, Page, M.C., Topham, G.L., & Harrist, A.W. (2008). Parenting Practices and Nutrition Practice, Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 108:1161-1163
- Kennedy, T.S., Thomas, D.G., Wogene, T., Abebe, Y., Hubbs-Tait, L., Stoecker, B.J., & Hambidge, K.M. (2008). Growth and visual information processing in infants in southern Ethiopia. Journal of Applied Development Psychology, 29:129-140.
- Hubbs-Tait, L., Kennedy, T, Droke, E.A., Belanger, D.M., & Parker, J. (2007). Zinc, iron and lead:Relations to Head Start children's cognitive scores and teachers' ratings of behavior. Journal of American Dietetic Association, 107:128-133.
- Parker, S., Pinto, V., Kennedy, T., Phelps, J.A., & Hermann, J. (2007). Food Choices and Coping Strategies during Periods of Perceived Food Shortage: Perspectives from Four Racial/Ethnic Groups. Journal of Extension, Volume 45 Number 5. Article Number 5FEA6.
- Droke, E.A., Kennedy, T.S., & Hubbs-Tait, L. (2006). Potential for misclassification of micronutrient status in children participating in Head Start, Journal of American Dietetic Association, 106:376-382.
- Mathule, L., Kennedy, T., Gates, G., & Spicer, M.T. (2005). Predictors of birthweight in health women attending a rural antenatal clinic, African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, 5(1).
- Kennedy, T.S., Fung, E.B., Kawchak, D.A., Zemel, B.S., Ohene-Frempong, K., & Stallings, V.A. (2001). Red blood cell folate and serum B12 status in children with sickle cell disease. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 23(3), 165-169.
- Kennedy, T.S., Oakland, M.J., & Brotherson, M.J. (2000). Making feeding decisions for preterm low birth weight infants: A family systems approach. Topics in Clinical Nutrition, 15(2), 38-48.
- Kennedy, T.S., Oakland, M.J., & Shaw, R. (2000). A nutrition intervention with families of low birth weight infants.Nutrition in Clinical Practice, 15, 30-35.
- Kennedy, T.S., Oakland, M.J., & Shaw, R. (1999). Growth patterns and nutritional factors associated with increased head circumference at 18 months in normally developing low birth weight infants. Journal of American Dietetic Association, 19, 1522-1526.
|Prin. Human Nutrition||NSCI 2114|
|Nutrition Across the Life Span||NSCI 3223|
|Nutritional Assessment and Counseling Skills||NSCI 3813|
|Community Nutrition||NSCI 4733|
|Spec Unit Studies NSCI||NSCI 4850|
|Maternal & Infant Nutrition||NSCI 5363|
|Childhood Nutrition||NSCI 5373|
Awards & Recognition:
- 1999 Dannon Leadership Institute Recipient
- 2008 COHS Outstanding Graduate Advisor
- Thomas, D. (PI), Kennedy T., Hubbs-Tait, L. & Stoecker, B. Maternal Dietary nutrients and neurotoxins in infant cognitive development. (2008-1020) US Department of Agriculture ($270,000).
- Hambidge, M. (PI), Abebe, Y., Stoecker, B., Krebbs, N., Kennedy, T., Hubbs-Tait, L. & Thomas, D. Zinc and Maternal-Infant Cognition in S. Ethiopia: Randomized Controlled Trials. Sub-contract from University of Colorado. (2007- 2011). (approx $200,000)
- Hubbs-Tait, L. (PI), Kennedy, T., Richardson, D., Hermann, J., Brown, B. & Stoecker, B. Effectiveness of parenting and nutrition education in obesity prevention and promotion of child cognition(2006-2008). Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station($50,000)
- Harrist, A. (PI), Kennedy, T., Topham, G., Hubbs-Tait, L. & Page, M. Intervening in Family and Peer Contexts to Decrease Child Obesity:(2005-2008). US Department of Agriculture ($1,000,000).
- Hambidge, M. (PI). Zinc Nutrition and Brain Function in Sourthern Ethiopian Children and their Mothers. Sub-contract from Univesity of Colorado with Stoecker b., Hubbs-Tait, L. & Kennedy, T. (2003-2006). National Institutes of Health($50,000).
- American Society for Nutrition
- American Dietetic Association
- (2001 - 2004) Professional Development Committee, SoonerStart Interagency Coordinating Council. State of Oklahoma
- (2002) CHES Faculty Advisory Committee, At large member
- (2005 - 2007) HES Assessment Committee: NSCI representative Oklahoma Obesity Prevention Planning Grant: School and health sub-committee
- (2006) Oklahoma Obesity Prevention Planning Grant: School and health sub-committee
- (2006 - 2007) University Assessent Committee: HES Representative