- What Can I Study?
- Current Students
- Alumni & Friends
- About Us
- Apply Now
Navigating through the COVID-19 Pandemic
As we begin week three of online coursework due to the pandemic health crisis, we recognize that some of you are experiencing high levels of stress and diverse challenges. The College of Education and Human Sciences is here to help. We want you to succeed academically, but more importantly we care about each of you personally and want to support your overall well-being. Below is list of valuable academic and life management resources with contact information and links provided.
We may be physically distancing, but it’s important to stay connected with your professors, academic advisors and your classmates. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Academic Programs and Student Services team (firstname.lastname@example.org; 405.744.5053) if you need anything.
Counseling Services for OSU Students
Video and over the phone services are available:
- University Counseling Services
- Al Carlozzi Center for Counseling in Tulsa: 918-594-8585
- Center for Family Services (Stillwater): 405-744-5058
- Call SAM (Student Assistance by Mercy): : 855-225-2SAM (2726)
Licensed counselors available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to respond to crises.
- MDLive: 405-744-5458
Academic Support Resources
- College of Education and Human Sciences Academic Advising 405-744-5053 or 405-744-6350 or star.okstate.edu
Your academic advisor is a resource to support you! Academic advisors are working remotely, and stand ready to help you find ways to be successful in your courses, or to help you consider other options such as dropping by the extended drop deadline of April 24.
- OSU Library COVID
- Math Learning Resource Center (MLSC)
Online tutoring is available: https://discordapp.com/invite/QQEprdD
- LASSO Tutoring - 405-744-3309; email@example.com
LASSO Center offers free online tutoring and supplemental instruction for several courses, including BIOL 1114, CHEM 1314; CHEM 1414; CHEM 1515; CHEM 3013; CHEM 3053, PHYS 2014, STAT 2013, and STAT 2023. Tutoring and Success Coaching appointments can be scheduled through the STAR System and are conducted through Zoom.
- Student Accessibility Services - 405-744-7116
Learning access support to students with specific needs and to aid students in navigating appropriate accommodations during OSU’s transition to online classes.
University Health Services is open and available for the OSU community if you need to see a healthcare professional.
405-744-9355 / @osuwell on social media
The Department of Wellness facilities offers some digital recreation programming, including e-gaming leagues, Rocket League, Madden 20, NBA2K, a FIFA 20, virtual live streamed group fitness classes, and workout videos.
- Individual Online Workout Library
- Group Online Fitness Classes
- Tips on Staying Healthy During Self-Quarantine
405-744-5253 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Services continues to provide job search assistance, career development-related information and accessibility to all students and alumni through virtual appointments and the Hire System. Schedule an appointment at HireOSUGrads.com/StudentsAlumni/Appointment.
If you have any additional needs beyond those listed above, you may request support from OSU through https://studentconduct.okstate.edu/report.
Apps for Coping with Stress & Anxiety
- TAO Online Therapy: Free online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointments or stumbling blocks in
- Stop, Breathe, and Think: Free app that encourages you to stop what you are doing and check in with what you are thinking and how you a
- Calm App: Free app that focuses on meditation and
- Headspace: Free app to learn mindful approach through guided exercises, videos and more.
- Colorfy: Free coloring therapy for
- Smiling Mind (great for kids): Free app for supporting children in times of crisis. A guide to support emotional well-being with trauma informed
- Solitaire: A game of solitaire can aid in relaxing and reducing
- Isle of Calm: Stream 6 hours of soothing
- Down Dog: Yoga app available for free until July to anyone with a .edu