- About Us
- Apply Now
DHM Design Institute
Participants: Youth 13 and above, adult volunteers, Oklahoma Extension Educators. We encourage teams of adults and youth to join the institute together.
- To learn and demonstrate skills relevant to Fashion Design, Interior Design, and Fashion Merchandising
- To learn about employment opportunities in Fashion Design, Interior Design, and Fashion Merchandising
- To inform about careers in Fashion Design, Interior Design, and Fashion Merchandising
- To attract potential students to OSU/DHM
Outcomes; participants will:
- Gain understanding of basic textiles, drawing for fashion and interiors, and design thinking.
- Complete activities related to fashion design, interior design, and fashion merchandising
- Explore current events and new technologies in fashion design, interior design, and merchandising
- Understand careers in fashion design and production, interior design, and fashion merchandising
- Experience the atmosphere of learning at the university
- Interact with fashion design, interior design and fashion merchandising industry professionals.
- Field trips to professionals working in interior design, fashion design and/or merchandising
- Hands on activities in DHM classrooms, giving a real-life impression of life as a DHM student.
- Experiencing technology such as 3-D body scanning, Virtual Reality, 3-D printing, Laser cutting, CAD and Motion Capture
- 9 AM June 26, 2017 to 5 PM June 28, 2017
- Cost $125
- Registration Deadline April 30, 2017