- About Us
- Apply Now
Assistant Professor441 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX||Industrial Engineering|
|M.S.||St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX||Industrial Engineering|
|B.E.||Bangalore Institute of Technology, India||Industrial Engineering|
Holistic Environmental Design (HED) for different human systems; Empathic and co-design of duty belt and vehicle seat for police officers; Understanding the needs of patient and caregivers in rural areas; Human Factors and Ergonomics; Balance, strength & biomechanics of slips & falls in older individuals; Improving the shopping experience for older individuals
- Jayadas, A. (2016). Empathic and Co-Design of duty belts for Police Officers. NIOSH ERC Pilots Project Symposium, Houston, TX.
- Jayadas, A. & Kang. M. (2016) Empathic Design of Furniture for Patients and Caregivers in Rural Communities, EDRA47, Raleigh, NC.
- Jayadas, A. & Kang, M. (2016). Improving Ergonomics for the Safety, Comfort and Health of Caregivers. Chautauqua Conference, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Jayadas, A. & Kang, M. (2015). Prolonged Sitting in Hospital Waiting Rooms: Is an Innovative Cushion the Solution? Â Tulsa Research Day, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Jayadas, A. & Boros, L. (2013). Biomechanics of slips and falls or recovery in the elderly and young using lower and upper body center of mass dynamics, 37th Annual meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Jayadas, A. & Boros, L (2010). Effect of arm restriction on upper body response to a slip. Poster presentation, 34th Annual meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Jayadas, A. & Smith, J. L. (2009). Usability testing of digital cameras: How should we test differently for the aging population? XXI Annual International Occupational Ergonomics and Safety Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Jayadas, A. (2008). Causes of Falls in the Elderly. Should Grandma Pump Iron: A Symposium, Lubbock, TX.
|Problem Solving Strategies||DHM 2003|
|Sustainability for Apparel and Interior||DHM 4573|
|Constructed Environment for Human Behavior||DHM 5343|
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- American Society of Biomechanics
- Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, Manuscript Reviewer Since 2015
- International Conference on Design, India April 2015
- Associate Ergonomics Professional Since 2013 (Board of Certification in Ergonomics)