- About Us
- Apply Now
Assistant Professor444 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Ohio State University, Columbus, OH||Interior Design|
|M.S.||University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE||Architecture|
|B.S.||Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR||Design and Human Environment|
Human behavior in the built environment with a focus in educational facilities
- Pulay, A., Read, M, Tural, E., & Lee, S. (2016). Examining Student Behavior Under Two Correlated Color Temperature Levels of Lighting in an Elementary School Classroom. Educational Planning, 23(3), 57-69.
- Chandrasekera, T., & Pulay, A. (2016). Design Interventions through Immersive virtual environments. Interior Design Educators Council. Exchange/Fall: a Forum for Interior Design Education
- Asino, T., & Pulay, A. (2017, November). Examining the connection between educational technologies and classroom space. Association for Educational Communications & Technology, Jacksonville, FL.
- Pulay, A., Asino, T., & Chandrasekera, T., (2017, November). A comparison between augmented reality models, computer aided 2D models, and 3D printed physical models for classroom design comparisons. Association for Educational Communications & Technology, Jacksonville, FL.
- Pulay, A., & Williamson, A. (2017, March). A case study examining teacher perceptions and child pro-social behaviors under LED lighting compared to fluorescent lighting in a pre-K classroom. National Conference of the Interior Design Educators Council, Chicago, IL.
- Pulay, A., & Williamson, A. (2016, October). Comparing the influence of LED and fluorescent lighting on early childhood student engagement in a classroom setting, South Regional Conference of the Interior Design Educators Council, Murfreesboro, TN. (Won “Best Presentation”)
- Pulay, A. (2016, October). Dwelling in 165 sq ft: The process of designing a tiny house on wheels, South Regional Conference of the Interior Design Educators Council, Murfreesboro, TN.
- Pulay, A., Read, M., Tural, E., & Lee, S. (2016, March). The impact of lighting on student on-task behavior in an elementary classroom, National Conference of the Interior Design Educators Council, Portland, OR.
- Pulay, A., & Read, M. (2014, November). The influence of lighting in children’s environments: A pilot study. Poster Presentation at National Conference of Illuminating Engineering Society North America, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Pulay, A., & Tural, E. (2013, October). Review of lighting literature. Presentation at the Northwest Regional Conference of Interior Design Educators Council Pacific, San Francisco, CA
- DHM 2233 – Graphics for ID II –Interior Graphics
- DHM 3343 – Interior Design Studio III: Interior Components and Construction Documents
- DHM 3824 – Professional Practices
- DHM 4533 – Diversity in Facility Management and Interior Design
- DHM 5013 – Graduate Level Research Developments in Design, Housing, & Merchandising
Awards & Recognition
- Interior Design Educator Council South Region Conference Best Presentation Winner. October, 2016, Murfreesboro, TN.
- Illuminating Engineering Society Teachers of Lighting Workshop Grant Winner. June 11 – 16, 2017 at Philips Lighting Application Center, Somerset, NJ.
- Interior Design Educators Council Member
- United States Green Building Council Member
- Academic Integrity Facilitator
- Campus Wellness Center Planning Committee member
- Assessment Committee Member
- Department of Wellness Innovator
- Global Committee Member
- USGBC (United States Green Building Council) student chapter co-advisor
- NCIDQ (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) Ambassador
- NCIDQ (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) Exam Reviewer
- IDEC (Interior Design Educators Council) External Service Task Force Member