- Student Awards
- About Us
- PD Calendar
- Apply Now
Assistant Professor442 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078-6142
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN||Retail & Consumer Sciences|
|M.S.||Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA||Apparel Business|
|B.S.||Keimyung University, Daegu, South Korea||Fashion Marketing|
Apparel consumer behavior, Sustainability within the textiles and apparel industry
Park, H., Lee, M-Y, & Koo, W. (2017). The four faces of apparel consumers: Identifying sustainable consumers for apparel. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 8(4), 298-312.
Joyner Armstrong, C. M. & Park, H., (2017). Putting the 'digital sharing economy' under the microscope: The sustainability of collaborative clothing consumption. International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology & Education, 10(3), 276-286.
Park, H. (2017). How social media is transforming the fashion consumers: The effects of "social" consumer attributes on brand engagement in social networking sites. Fashion, Industry & Education, 15(1), 1-11.
Park, H. & Joyner Armstrong, C. M. (2017). Collaborative apparel consumption in the digital sharing economy: An agenda for academic inquiry. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 41(5), 465-474.
Koo, W. & Park, H. (2017). Critical atmospheric cues in designing online stores: A case of Amazon.com. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 9(1), 37-45.
Park, H. & Kim, Y-K. (2016). An empirical test of the triple bottom line of customer-centric sustainability: The case of fast fashion. Fashion & Textiles, 3(25), 1-18.
Park, H. (2016) A confirmatory model for sustainability of apparel brands and its impact on brand outcomes. International Journal of Costume & Fashion, 16(1), 55-70.
Park, H. & Kim, Y-K. (2016). Proactive versus reactive apparel brands in sustainability: Influence on brand loyalty. Journal of Retailing & Consumer Services, 29, 114-122.
Park, H. & Kim, Y-K. (2015). Can a fashion brand be social?: The role of benefits of brand community within social network sites. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 6(2), 75-86.
Park, H. & Kim, Y-K. (2014). The role of social network websites in the consumer-brand relationship. Journal of Retailing & Consumer Services, 21(4), 460-467.
Park, H., Lim, H., & Kim, Y-K. (2013). Experiential value: Application to innovative consumer technology products. Journal of Customer Behaviour, 12(1), 7-24.
Park, H., Lim, C-M., Bhardwaj, V., & Kim, Y-K. (2011). Benefit segmentation of TV home shoppers. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 39(1), 7-24.
Park, H. & Kincade, D. H. (2011). The impact of environmental factors on business strategies in U.S. apparel manufacturing industry 1970-2005. Research Journal of Textile & Apparel, 15(4), 102-114.
Bhardwaj, V., Park, H., & Kim, Y-K. (2011). The effect of Indian consumers’ life satisfaction on brand behavior toward a U.S. global brand. Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 23(2), 105-116.
Park, H. & Kincade, D. H. (2010). Historical analysis of an apparel marketer’s strategies: Evidence from a Nike case. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 1(3), 182-193.
Park, H., Joyner Armstrong, C. M., & Singh, C. (2017). Sealed with love: Stories of emotional attachment to a sustainable apparel brand. American Collegiate Retailing Association Annual Conference
Park, H. & Armstrong, C. M. (2016). Defining collaborative and sustainable apparel consumption: Laying the groundwork for empirical investigation. International Textiles & Apparel Associations Annual Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
Park, H. (2015). The effects of “social” consumer attributes on engagement in social network
sites, International Textiles & Apparel Associations Annual Conference, Santa Fe, NM.
Lee, M-Y. & Park, H. (2015). Understanding socially conscious apparel shoppers. Global Fashion Management Conference, Florence, Italy.
Park, H. (2014). The world’s most connected apparel consumers: Profiling online social consumers. International Textiles & Apparel Associations Annual Conference, Charlotte, NC.
Park, H. & Panyu, V. (2014). The second generation of E-commerce: Online-only apparel retailers’ e-tailing strategies. International Textiles & Apparel Associations Annual Conference, Charlotte, NC.
Park, H. (2014). Incorporating sustainability into the apparel quality analysis course. International Textiles & Apparel Associations Annual Conference, Charlotte, NC.
Park, H. & Kim, Y-K. (2013) The role of social network websites in consumer-brand relationship. American Collegiate Retailing Association Annual Conference, Nashville, TN.
Park, H. & Kincade, D. H. (2010). Historical analysis of an apparel marketer’s strategies: Evidence from a Nike case. International Textiles & Apparel Association Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada.
Park, H. & Lim, H., & Kim, Y-K. (2010). The effect of experiential value on loyalty toward consumer technology brands. American Collegiate Retailing Association Annual Conference, Orland, FL.
Global Sourcing Strategy
Awards & Recognition
- 2014 Faculty Prize for the College Foundation Awards for Excellence in Student Research and Creative Activity, State University of New York
- 2013 Excellent Paper Award for Research Journal of Textile and Apparel
- 2011 Research Proposal Competition Winner, Marketing Science Institute (MSI)
- 2010 Helen Sharp Hakala Scholarship for scholarly excellence
- 2009 Ida A. Anders Scholarship, Sadie K. Stanton Human Ecology Scholarship for scholarly excellence
- Park, H. (2014). Developing a new course to incorporate sustainability. Sustainable Susquehanna Curriculum Workshop, SUNY Oneonta, $1,000
- Park, H. (2014). Sustainable vs. unsustainable apparel consumption: Moderating effects of consumer traits. Faculty Research Grant, SUNY Oneonta, $3,000
- Park, H. (2014). Transforming the Apparel Quality Analysis course to incorporate sustainability. Teaching Development Grant, SUNY Oneonta, $1,480
- Bang, J. & Park, H. (2013). The second generation of e-commerce: Online-only fashion retailers’ e-tailing strategies. Student Faculty Research Grant, Committee on Research, SUNY Oneonta, $800
- Lim, H., Park, H., & Lyu, J. (2011). Consumers’ brand experience in online social networking: The phenomenon of brand building through Facebook pages. ‘Challenges of Communications and Branding in a Digital Era’ Research Competition, Marketing Science Institute, $6,200
- International Textile & Apparel Association (ITAA)
- American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA)
- Kappa Omicron Nu (KON) Honor Society
- Editorial board member, Journal of Global Fashion Marketing
- Ad-hoc reviewer, Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Journal of Customer Behavior
- Student, Staff, and Faculty Recognition Committee, Department of Design, Housing and Merchandising, Oklahoma State University