- Student Awards
- About Us
- PD Calendar
- Apply Now
Professor and Associate Dean, Academic Programs and Services Director, Patricia Kain Knaub Center for Student Success101 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Texas Tech University||Clothing, Textiles and Merchandising|
|M.S.||Texas Tech University||Family & Consumer Sciences Education|
|B.S.||Texas Tech University||Family & Consumer Sciences Education|
As Associate Dean for Academic Programs and Services, I am involved in projects that contribute to student engagement, student success and student retention. In addition, I am interested in the study of experiential learning and how it is best integrated in the curriculum in higher education to engage students.
- Lyon, M., Ownbey, S., & Russ, R. (2010). Choices for Colour, Light and Line of Women Living in Continuing Care Retirement Communities in the USA. Color: Design and Creativity.
- Lyon, M., Ownbey, S.F., & Kang, M. (2009). Interior designer’s perception of the influence of technology on workplace performance. International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 6(1), 67-75.
- Callen, C. A. & Ownbey, S.F. (2008). Associations between philosophies of human nature and perceptions of unethical consumer behavior. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 12(3).
- Callen, K.S. & Ownbey, S.F. (2005). Associations of demographic information and philosophies of human nature,Psychological Reports, 97, 363-377.
- Farr, C.A., Ownbey, S.F., Branson, D. B., Cao, H., & Starr, C. (2005). Multimedia and problem-based learning in the textiles laboratory. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 23(4), 145-152.
- Starr, C., Branson, D., Shehab, R., Farr, C.A., Ownbey, S.F., & Swinney, J. (2005). Biomechanical analysis of a prototype sports bra. Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, 4(3).
- Callen, K.S. & Ownbey, S.F. (2003). Associations between demographics and perceptions of unethical consumer behavior. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 27(2), 99-110.
- Kennemer, C.G. & Ownbey, S.F. (2000). Overview of theses and dissertations completed in family and consumer sciences: 1999. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 29(2), 173-179.
- Kennemer, C.G. & Ownbey, S.F. (2000). A listing of theses and dissertations completed in family and consumer sciences: 1999. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 29(2), 180-219.
- Ownbey, S.F. & Horridge, P.E. (1998). The Suinn-Lew Asian Self-Identity Acculturation Scale: Test with a non-student, Asian-American sample. Social Behavior and Personality, 26(1), 57-68.
- Ownbey, S.F. & Horridge, P.E. (1997). Acculturation levels and shopping orientations of Asian-American consumers.Psychology and Marketing, 14(1), 1-18.
- Ownbey, S.F. (1995). The internship portfolio: An innovative tool for experiential learning, critical thinking, and communication. In J. Overby & R. Patz (Eds.), Developments in Business Simulation and Experiential Exercises, (Vol. 22, pp. 172-178). Madison, WI: Association for Business Simulation and Experiential Learning.
- Ownbey, S.F. & Horridge, P.E. (1992). Chinese-American values: A psychographic perspective. Journal of Home Economics, 84(4), 10-16.
- Lyon, M., Ownbey, S.F., Kang, M., & Frey, L. (2008). Technology in interior design firms: The changing face of design. Interior Design Educators Council Conference. Montreal, QC.
|Master's Thesis||DHM 5000|
|Doctoral Thesis||DHM 6000|
|Master’s Creative Component||HS 5240|
|Graduate Seminar in Human Sciences||HS 6993|
Awards and Recognition
- Fellow of the Food Systems Leadership Institute (FSLI) 2008-2009
- Distinguished Alumna Award from Texas Tech University College of Human Sciences, 1999
- Outstanding Advisor Award from the College of Human Environmental Sciences at OSU, 2001
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award from OSU Greek Community and InterFraternity Panhellenic Council, 2001
- Professional Award from Oklahoma Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2003
- Mortar Board Faculty Award from OSU Chapter of Mortar Board National Honor Society, 2005
- Regents Distinguished Teaching Award