- Student Awards
- About Us
- PD Calendar
- Apply Now
Assistant Professor429D Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||University of Missouri-Columbia||Digital Media/Architecture|
|M.Sc.||University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka||Architecture|
|B.Sc.||University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka||Built Enviornment|
Virtual and Augmented reality focused research • Application of Tangible User Interfaces in Design Education • Application of digital technology for geriatric design practices (Gerontechnology) • Computational Design and Design Cognition Navigation and Wayfinding research in interior environments Facility management and hospitality industry focused research
1. Chandrasekera, T., Krishnamurthy , K.,(2016) An Augmented Reality Model Sharing Platform for Virtual Design Critiques, International Journal of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science , Vol.1, No.2, Oct. 2016, Pages 40-43
2. Chandrasekera, T., Yoon, S. Y., & D’Souza, N. (2015). Virtual environments with soundscapes: a study on immersion and effects of spatial abilities. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 42, 000-000.
3. Chandrasekera, T., Yoon, S.-Y (2015) Adopting Augmented Reality in Design Communication: Focusing on Improving Spatial Abilities, The International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design, Volume 9, Issue 1, March 2015, Pages 1-14
4. Chandrasekera, T. (2015) towards an online based design critique framework for design education, International Journal of Education and Information Technology, Volume 1, Issue 3, June 2015, Pages 61-69
5. Chandrasekera, T. (2015) Rejuvenating Dysfunctional Public Spaces Using Augmented Reality Systems (ARS), American Journal of Mobile Systems, Applications and Services, Volume 1, Issue 1, July 2015, Pages 64-76
6. Chandrasekera, T. (2014) Using Augmented Reality Prototypes in Design education, Design and Technology Education: An International Journal, Volume 19, Issue 3, November 2014, Pages 33-42
7. Chandrasekera, T., Vo, N., D'Souza, N (2013), The effect of subliminal suggestions on Sudden Moments of Inspiration [SMI] in the design process, Design Studies, Volume 34, Issue 2, March 2013, Pages 193-215
1. Chandrasekera, T., & Yoon, S. Y. (2015, September). The Effect of Tangible User Interfaces on Cognitive Load in the Creative Design Process. In Mixed and Augmented Reality-Media, Art, Social Science, Humanities and Design (ISMAR-MASH'D), 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (pp. 6-8). IEEE.
2. Chandrasekera, T., (2017).Using Immersive Virtual Reality in Design reviews, Interior Design Educators Council, Chicago, IL, March 8-12, 2017.
3. Chandrasekera, T., (2017) Mixed Reality Lab: Using affordable Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality environments in research and education, Second International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research 2017, Colombo, Sri Lanka. 07-08 January-2017.
4. Hebert, P. R. Chandrasekera, T, Jacobs-Grey, N., (2017) Querying Facility Managers in India's Hospitality Industry, Second International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research 2017, Colombo, Sri Lanka. 07-08 January-2017.
5. Chandrasekera, T., (2016).Furniture Designing within the Virtuality-Reality Continuum, Interior Design Educators Council, Portland, Oregon, March 9-12, 2016.
6. Chandrasekera, T., Yoon, S.-Y., (2015).Virtuality to Reality: Furniture Designing through Digital Prototyping, Interior Design Educators Council, Fort Worth, Texas, March 11-14, 2015.
7. Slevitch, L., Chandrasekera, T., Yang, J., Chung, Y., (2015) Application of virtual visualization techniques in understanding users’ perceptions of lodging interior environments, Asia-Pacific Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education Conference, New Zealand, June 10-13, 2015
8. Chandrasekera, T., Yoon, S.-Y., (2014). The effect of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality in the Design Process., 17th Biannual Conference of the Design Communication Association, Atlanta, Georgia. Oct. 1-4, 2014
9. Chandrasekera, T., Jacobs, N., (2014) A decade after: Post Occupancy evaluation of houses in tsunami affected areas in the Southern Region of Sri Lanka, 48th Annual Housing Education and Research Association Conference, Kansas City, KS, 6-8 October, 2014.
10. Chandrasekera, T., Jacobs, N., (2014) Using virtual models and digital fabrication in early Design Studios, 48th Annual Housing Education and Research Association Conference, Kansas City, KS, 6-8 October, 2014.
DHM 2103 Interior Design Studio I: Residential
DHM 3173 Digital Design Communication
DHM 3881 Interior Design Pre-Internship Seminar
DHM 4373 Advanced CAD/ Revit Architecture
DHM 4824 Professional Internship in Interior Design.
Awards & Recognition
- RIATA Faculty Fellow -2017/2018
- Award for Excellence (Honorable Mention): The Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) -2015
- Future visions leader in Interior Design Education: The Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)-2014
- Innovative Education Award: The Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) - 2013
- Excellence in Teaching with Technology Award: University of Missouri-Columbia-2012
- King Medal for Excellence in Architectural & Environmental Design Research: ARCC (Architecture Research Centers Consortium) -2012
- Pepin Online (Phase II): Virtual Museum Collection. The Leevera Pepin Museum Fund, $3,500 Award: Hebert, P., Chandrasekera, T., Smith, C. (2016)-Funded
- Pepin Online (Phase I): Virtual Museum Collection. The Leevera Pepin Museum Fund, $3,450 Award: Hebert, P., Chandrasekera, T., Smith, C. (2016)-Funded
- VR First Technology Equipment: Supporting equipment for the Mixed Reality lab, Phase I , $3000 Award (through equipment), Chandrasekera, T. (2016)-Funded
- Oklahoma State University Presidents Fellow Funding: Supporting equipment for the Mixed Reality lab, $5400 Award, Chandrasekera, T (2016)-Funded
- College of Human Sciences Technology Fee Funding: Supporting equipment for the Mixed Reality lab, $4746 Award, Chandrasekera, T (2016)-Funded
- Augmented Reality based object locating and information system mobile application for individuals suffering from disabilities. Bartlett Family Grant for Promoting Independent Living, $10,000 Award: Chandrasekera, T.(PI), Kang, M., Hebert, P., Choo, P. (2014) –Funded
- Mixed Reality Lab: Infrastructure Development, College of Human Sciences Laboratory and Research Program, $31,000 Award: Chandrasekera, T.(PI), Robinette, K, Slevitch, L. (2014) –Funded
- Licensed Architect (ARB Registration No-CA09798) – Sri Lanka
- Associate Member of Sri Lanka Institute of Architects/AIA (SL)
- Environmental Design Research Associatio
- Design Communication Association
- International Facility Management Association
- Interior Design Internship Coordinator, Oklahoma State University (2014-Present)
- VR First Coordinator
- Chair-Faculty, Students and Staff Recognition Committee member, DHM, Oklahoma State University (2014- Present)
- Faculty Advisor: International Facility Management Association, Oklahoma State University Student Chapter:2013-Present
- Faculty, Students and Staff Recognition Committee member, CHES, Oklahoma State University (2015- Present)
- Human Sciences, Sustainability Think Tank – Oklahoma State University
- School of International Studies Faculty Member –Oklahoma State University
- Graduate College Faculty Member (2013-Present)