The class you are registering for is designed to help divorcing parents learn about things they can do to reduce the negative impacts of divorce on their children, and to help their children adjust to the divorce more quickly. However, not everyone taking the class is getting a divorce. Some people may be asked to take this class for issues related to custody, paternity, legal separation, contempt, stepfamily break up, etc. Because the goals of Co-Parenting for Resilience class focus on helping the children, it addresses these situations as well.
To help make the class a positive experience for you and others, we need to ask you a series of questions on a brief survey. We are doing this for two important reasons:
- When you go to a doctor’s office the doctor needs to know something about your medical history to know how to help you. Similar to this, by answering these questions we will be able to better prepare the class to meet participants’ needs.
- We have found from experience that parents who respond to these questions ahead of time get more out of the class and are better able to meet their children’s needs.
Your answers to these questions are anonymous.
- This means that no one will be able to know your answers. We will NOT ask you to put your name on the survey.
- There are no right or wrong answers. We simply ask that you respond to all the questions and to be as honest as you can when answering.
- The survey questions reflect the fact that not everyone taking the survey is experiencing divorce. If this is your case, please answer the questions to the best of your ability for your situation, and if you find something does not relate to your situation, you can select “Does Not Apply.”
- It takes most people about 15 minutes to answer all of the questions.
We know that you want the best for your children and appreciate you taking time to answer these questions.
After you finish the survey, you will be taken to a survey verification page. You must print the survey verification form and return it with your registration form and a check for the fee to be enrolled in the class.
Take the survey here.