- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- About Us
- Apply Now
Teaching Associate Professor/Internship Coordinator227 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Post-doc||University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK||Pediatric and Child Clinical Psychology|
|Ph.D.||Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK||Counseling Psychology|
|M.S.||Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK||Child Development|
|B.S.||Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK||Early Childhood Education|
My research interests include both child clinical issues such as child maltreatment fatalities, child neglect, and infant assessment, as well as pediatric psychology issues including prematurity and Sickle Cell disease. I also have interest in training early childhood professionals and school counselors in issues related to early childhood mental health. My clinical practice is centered around assessment of infants, children, and adults, and I particularly work in areas of developmental and trauma assessment.
- Harrist, A. W., & Grzywacz, J. G. (Series Eds.) & Welch, G. L. & Harrist, A. W. (Vol. Eds.) (2015). Emerging Issues in Family and Individual Resilience: Vol. 1. Resilience amongst families facing chronic health challenges. Interdisciplinary and translational perspectives. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International, Volume in preparation.
- Welch, G. (2006). Establishing a model child care center within inpatient substance abuse treatment. Zero to Three . Washington, D.C.
Awards & Recognition
- Bravo award for outstanding service to OUHSC New Faculty Research Grant, OU-Norman
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- American Psychological Association
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- Schools for Health Living volunteer
- Pro-bono services to Oklahoma Lawyers for Children Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)