- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- About Us
- Apply Now
Assistant Professor320 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Oregon State University, Corvallis OR||Human Development and Family Science|
|M.S.||Oregon State University, Corvallis OR||Human Development and Family Science|
|B.S.||Brigham Young University, Provo UT||Economics|
Research Methods: Longitudinal Data Analysis and Mixture Modeling. Program Evaluation. Long Term Behavior Change.
- Acock, A. & Washburn, I. J. (2013). Quantitative Methodology for Family Science. In G. W. Peterson & K. R. Bush (Eds.) Handbook of Marriage and the Family (3rd ed.). New York: Springer.
- Capaldi, D. M., Feingold, A., Kim, H. K., Yoerger, K., & Washburn, I. J. (2013). Heterogeneity in growth and desistance of alcohol use for men in their 20s: prediction from early risk factors and association with treatment.Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 37 (Suppl s1), E347–E355.
- Kim, H. K., Teberio, S., & Washburn, I. J. (2013). Growth of Men’s Alcohol Use in Early Adulthood: Intimate Partners’ Influence. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors.
- Lambert, N. M., Gwinn, A. M., Baumeister, R. F., Strachman, A., Washburn, I. J., Gable, S. L., & Fincham, F. D. (2013). A boost of positive affect: The perks of sharing positive experiences. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 30(1), 24-43.
- Snyder, F. J., Acock, A. C., Vuchinich, S., Beets, M. W., Washburn, I. J., & Flay, B. R. (2013). Preventing negative behaviors among elementary-school students through enhancing students' social-emotional and character development. American Journal of Health Promotion, 28(1), 50-58. doi: 10.4278/ajhp.120419-QUAN-207
- Washburn, I. J. & Capaldi, D. M. (2013). Influences on Boys’ Marijuana Use in High School: A Two-Part Random Intercept Growth Model. Journal of Research on Adolescence.
- Snyder, F. J., Vuchinich, S., Acock, A., Washburn, I. J., & Flay, B. R. (2012). Improving elementary school quality through the use of a social?emotional and character development program: A matched-pair, cluster-randomized, controlled trial in Hawai’i. Journal of School Health, 82(1), 11-20.
- Washburn, I. J., Acock, A., Vuchinich, S., Snyder, F. J., Li, K. K., Ji, P., & et al (2011). Effects of a Social-Emotional and Character Development Program on the Trajectory of Behaviors Associated with Social-Emotional and Character Development: Findings from Three Randomized Trials. Prevention Science, 12, 314-323.
|Structural Equation Modeling||HDFS 6163|
- National Council on Family Relations Society for Research in Child Development