- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- About Us
- Apply Now
Department Head and Associate Professor226 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ph.D.||Oklahoma State University||Human Environmental Sciences|
|Ed.S.||University of South Carolina||Counselor Education|
|M.S.||University of Arkansas||Clothing and Textiles|
|B.S.||University of Arkansas||Home Economics Education|
My professional interests are centered on how individuals and families make decisions that impact their resources and how education can influence making appropriate choices. Homebuyer education, credit reporting and scoring, money management, and financial literacy are my main areas of expertise. However, because of a background in clothing and textiles, food service management, counseling and degree specialization in family relations, I am able to collaborate across many areas.
- Lehman, N. J.* & Osteen, S.R. (2012). A Financial Professional’s Guidebook: Generational Risk Analysis in Stock Market Investing. Published online September 2013. Journal of Consumer Education, 29, (60-69).
- Osteen, S., Muske, G., & Jones, J. E. (2007). Financial management education: Its role in changing behavior. Journal of Extension, 45(3). Found 6/23/07 at: http://www.joe.org/joe/2007june/rb2.shtml.
- Osteen, S.R. & Harriman, L. (2003). Oklahoma Extension, Corrections join forces to build capacity of offenders.Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, 95(3), 54-55.
- Osteen, S.R. & Auberle, T. (2002). Homebuyer education: A doorway to financial literacy. Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, 94(1), 29-32.
- Thompson, S.D., Osteen, S.R., & Youngker, L. (2002). Who fares better? Postnatal adjustment of adolescent fathers and adolescent mothers. Marriage & Family Review, 33(4), 31-46.