- Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Students – Home
- HDFS Degree Options
- Degree Sheets
- Finish in Four
- Minors in Human Development & Family Science
- Family & Consumer Sciences Education Academy
- Advising & Enrollment
- Graduate Students
- About Us
- Apply Now
2017 Family and Consumer Sciences Education Academy
The Oklahoma State University 2017 Family and Consumer Sciences Education Academy is sponsored by the College of Human Sciences. The Academy will take place on the OSU campus June 18-20, 2017. Participants will develop a deeper understanding of the opportunities available with a FACS Education degree and experience life on the OSU campus.
Participants in the Family and Consumer Sciences Education Academy activities will have their meal, housing, program materials, and off-campus transportation expenses covered. However, students might want to bring extra money for souvenirs or other additional items they choose to purchase. Participants selected for the Academy will be expected to arrange for travel to Stillwater on June 18 and pay for those travel expenses. Travel arrangements and costs for returning from Stillwater on June 20 to home are also the responsibility of each participant.
Examples of potential Academy activities include:
- Meet with OSU Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service, and Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education Family & Consumer Sciences administrators and specialists.
- Develop and present a FCS lesson, with assistance from Academy staff.
- Tour campus facilities, including Human Sciences classrooms and labs, the Student Union, and athletic facilities.
- Tour off-campus Family & Consumer Sciences Cooperative Extension and public school facilities.
- Experience housing in the OSU Village suites.
- Have your picture taken with Pistol Pete.
- Learn about the OSU admission process and campus life.
- Meet students from across Oklahoma that share your career goal.