- 340 students and their parents have participated in Unidos
- 5 Junior High Schools (Nathan Hale, East Central, Edison, Will Rogers, Tulsa Met)
- 98% of participants are very satisfied
Youth report significant increases in:
- Their parents’ expectations for them to go to college.
- Parental involvement in their schooling.
- How much education they would like to complete and expect to complete
- Self-efficacy, or confidence in their own ability to solve problems and be successful.
- Positive attitudes toward and engagement with school.
- Prosocial behaviors such as helping others.
Youth report significant decreases in:
- Behavior problems in school
- Drug use
Preliminary results suggest that Unidos is having a positive impact on youth and their parents. Parents are more involved and their children perceive this involvement and are responding with increases in positive behaviors and decreases in negative behaviors.