- Programs & Admissions
- Student Life
- About Us
- Apply Now
Ben Goh365 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Ed.D.||Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.||Educational Leadership|
|B.S.||Texas Tech University. Lubbock, Texas||Restaurant, Hotel & Institutional Management.|
|M.B.A.||Texas Tech University. Lubbock, Texas.|
- Joung, H., Goh, B.K., Huffman, L., Yuan, J., & Surles, J. (In Press - 2016) Investigating Relationships between Internal Marketing. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration.
- Joung, H.-W., Goh, B.K., Huffman, L., Yuan, J., & Surles, J. (In Press - 2016). Investigating relationships between internal marketing practices and employee organizational commitment in the foodservice industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28(2).
- Joung, H.-W., Choi, E.-K., & Goh, B.K. (2015). The impact of perceived service and food quality on behavioral intentions in continuing care retirement communities: A mediating effect of satisfaction. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, 16(3).
- Jin, N., Goh, B.K., Huffman, L., & Yuan, J. (2015). Predictors of perceived restaurant innovativeness and innovative outcomes in chain restaurants: Moderating roles of age and gender. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 24(5), 457-485.
- Chua, B., Lee, S., Goh, B.K., & Han, H. (2015). Impacts of cruise service quality and price on vacationers' cruise experience: Moderating role of price sensitivity. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 44(2015), 131-145.
- Chua, B., Goh, B.K., Huffman, L., Jai, C., & Karim, S. (Accepted-2016). Cruise Passengers' Perception of Key Quality Attributes of Cruise Lines in North America. Journal of Marketing and Management.
- Chua, B., Goh, B.K., Jin, N., & Lee, S. (Accepted). Influence of mechanic, functional, and humanic clues on customers’ experiential value and behavioral intention in full service restaurants. Journal of Foodservice and Business Research. 17(2)
- Padgett, B., Kim, H., & Goh, B.K. (2014). The usefulness of the theory of planned behavior: Understanding U.S. fast-food consumption of Chinese generation Yers. Journal of Food Service Business Research. 16(5), pp. 486-505
- Jin, N., Goh, B.K., & Line, N., (2013). Experiential Value, Relationship Quality, and Customer Loyalty in Full-Service Restaurants: The Moderating Role of Gender. Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management. 22(7), pp.679-700.
- Goh, B.K., Garcia, M., Joung, H.W., & Fowler, D. (2013). Residents’ satisfaction with foodservice at a continuing care retirement community: A pilot study. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism.14(2).
- Jin, N.H., Chua, B.L., & Goh, B.K. (2012). Experiential value, relationship quality, and customer loyalty in full-service restaurants: The moderating role of gender. Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management. (Accepted)
- Fowler, D.C., Lauderdale, M., Goh, B. K., and Yuan, J.J. (2012). Safety Concerns of International Shoppers in Las Vegas. International Journal of Culture, Tourism, and Hospitality Research 6(3), pp.238 â€“ 249.
- Yuan, J.J., Fowler, D.C., Goh, B. K. and Lauderdale, M. (2012). Mexican Cross-Border Shoppers’ Motivations to the United States. International Journal of Culture, Tourism, and Hospitality Research. 6 (1). In press.
- Kim, Y.H., Kim, M., Goh, B.K., & Antun, J.M. (2011). The role of money: The impact on food tourists’ satisfaction and intention to revisit food events. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, 9(2), 85-98.
- Barber, N., Goodman, R.J., & Goh, B.K. (2011). Restaurant consumers repeat patronage: A service quality concern. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(2), 329-336.
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, M., & Goh, B. K. (2011).An examination of food tourist’s behavior: Using the modified theory of reasoned action. Tourism Management, 32 (2011), 1159-1165.
- Jeon, M.-S., Lee, K.-W., and Goh, B. K. (2011). Increasing Student Learning: Factors Influencing Hospitality Students’ Intention to Engage in Community Service. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education. 23(3).
- Joung, H.W., Kim, H.S., Choi, E.K., Kang, H.O., Goh, B. K. (2011). University Foodservice in South Korea: A Study of Comparison between University Operated Restaurant and External Foodservice Contractors. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 14(4).
- Lauderdale, M., Fowler, D., Goh, B. K., & Yuan, J. (2011). Tourists’ perception of personal safety in the United States: An international perspective. Electronic Journal of Hospitality Legal, Safety and Security Research, 5(1).
- Henley, C. D., Fowler, D., Yuan, J., Stout, B., & Goh, B.K. (2011). Label design: Impact on millennial’s perceptions of wine. International Journal of Wine Business Research, 23(1).
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, M., & Goh, B. K. (2010).A comparison between first-timers and repeaters at a food event. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, 7(4), 239-249.
- Kizildag, M., Barber, N., & Goh, B.K. (2010). Managing Investment Revenue (Restaurant). International Journal of Revenue Management. 4(2).
- Kim, Y. H., Goh, B. K., Yuan, J.J. (2010). Development of a multi-dimensional scale for measuring food tourist motivations at a food event. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, 11(1), 56-71.
- Kim, Y.H., Kim, M.C., Goh, B.K., & Han, J.S. (2009). A Development of Instrument for Luxury Hotel Websites’ Assessment: Using the Modified Balanced Scorecard and Analytical Hierarchy Process (BSCAHP). Korean Journal of Hospitality Administration, 18(5), 277-287.
- Kim, Y.H., Yuan, J., Goh, B.K., & Antun, J.M. (2009). Web Marketing in Food Tourism: A Content Analysis of Web Sites in West Texas. Journal of Culinary Science & Technology, 7(1), 52-64.
- Yuan, J., Wu, C.K., Zhang, J., Goh, B.K., & Stout, B. (2008). Chinese Tourist Satisfaction with Yunnan Province, China. Journal of Hospitality & Leisure Marketing (special thematic issue on marketing in China), 16(1/2), 181-202.
- Chuang, N.K., Goh, B.K., Stout, B.L., Dellmann-Jenkins, M. (2007). Hospitality undergraduate students' career choices and factors influencing commitment to the profession. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 19(4), 28-37.
- Goh, B.K., & Stout, B.L. (2007). Interviews of Users of the Lubbock International Airport. E-Review of Tourism Research. 5(4), August 2007. http://ertr.tamu.edu/futureissues.cfm
- Tsai, Frank, Goh, B.K., & Huffman, L. (2007). Bridging Hospitality Education and The Industry: A Delphi Study of Competency Assessment for Lodging Entry-Level Management Trainees in Taiwan. China Tourism Journal, 3(2).
- Tsai, F., Goh, B.K., Huffman, L., & Wu, K. (2006) Competency Assessment for Entry-level Lodging Management Trainees in Taiwan. The Journal of Chinese Economy. 39(6).
- Ho, J.Y., Goh, B.K., Wu, K., & Yuan, J. (2006) A Preliminary Study On Local Employees’ Equity Perception In International Tourist Hotels In Taiwan: An Equity Theory Perspective. E-Review of Tourism Research. http://ertr.tamu.edu/index.cfm/
- Ho, J.Y., Goh, B.K., Wu, K., & Stout, B. (2006). Hotel Performance Reviews in the Greater China Area. E-Review of Tourism Research. http://ertr.tamu.edu/index.cfm/
- Blum, S.C., Goh, B.K., and Lin, F.Y. (2003). Cultural diversity and mentoring: Tracking stereotype changes. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education. Fall 2003 Vol 15(3), 6-10.
- Stout, B., Goh, B.K., Wu, K., and Huffman, L. (2002). An assessment of self-awareness and personality type of participants in a hospitality training program. TAFCS Research Journal. 7-8.
- Blum, S., Dodd, T., and Goh, B.K. (2001). Hospitality executive perceptions of an on-line graduate degree program. FIU Hospitality Review, Fall (2001) Vol 18(2), 1-9.
- Blum, S.C., Dodd, T.H. and Goh, B.K. (2001). The development of a graduate distance education program in hospitality management. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education, 12(1).
NON-REFEREED ARTICLES & INDUSTRY REPORTS:
- Lee, S.-M., Kim, H.-S., Goh, B.K., Joung, H.-W. (2009). Menu engineering analysis for healthy (well-being) menus served by foodservice for business and industry. Hosteur. 18(2)
- Chan, H.K., Lauderdale, M., & Goh, B.K. (2007). Accessible Tourism in Taiwan: Attitudes and Perceptions of Lodging Personnel and People with Mobility Disabilities. Hosteur. 16(1).
- Goh, B.K., Stout, B.L., Wu, K., & Yuan, J. (2006). Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport Survey. Lubbock Convention and Visitor Bureau, Technical Report.
- Tsai, F. & Goh, B.K. (2003). Economic Impact of the Vatican Exhibit on Lubbock’s Economy. Lubbock Convention and Visitor Bureau, Technical Report.
- Adams, C., Goh, B.K., and Blum, S. (2000). Preparing to Interview. Hosteur. 9(3).
- Shane, L.M. and Goh, B.K. (1999). Ethics in hospitality industry: Are you tuned in? ". Hosteur, 8(3). (Electronic journal - www.chrie.org)
- Goh, B.K. (1999). Management training: Is it necessary? Hosteur, 8(3). (Electronic journal - www.chrie.org)
BOOKS & COURSE MANUALS:
- Goh, B.K. 2011. Hospitality Managerial Cost Control. Great River Technology (Kendall Hunt). Dubuque, Iowa.
- Goh, B.K. 2011. Hospitality Financial Cost Control. Great River Technology (Kendall Hunt). Dubuque, Iowa.
- Fowler, D., & Goh, B.K. 2011. Category Management. Prentice Hall. Columbus, Ohio
- Goh, B.K., & Fowler, D. Retail Buying. Prentice Hall. Anticipated completion: Fall 2011.
- Goh, B.K. 2006. Hospitality Cost Control. Copy Outlet, Lubbock, Texas.
- Goh, B.K. 2005. Hospitality Managerial Cost Control. Copy Outlet, Lubbock, Texas.
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Selection Committee (Thailand – 2013)
- Thailand Fulbright Scholar Selection Committee (2012)
- Thailand Junior Fulbright Researcher Selection Committee (2012)
- Guest Editor, Int. Journal of Revenue Management, Special Hospitality Issue (2009 -2010)
- Journal Reviewer for the Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism (2011-present)
- Journal Reviewer for the International Journal of Hospitality Management (2011-present)
- Editorial Board for International Journal of Revenue Management (2008 - present)
- Journal Reviewer for International Journal of Services Technology and Management (2008)
Awards & Recognition:
- Fulbright Scholar, 2012 – Teaching and Research at Bangkok University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Recipient of Kathryn Burrelson Faculty Service Award, 2011.
- Recipient of President’s Excellence in Teaching Award, 1999 & 2010.
- Recipient of Spencer Wells Excellence in Teaching Award 2001.
- Member of the Texas Tech University Teaching Academy (1999 – present)
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (CHRIE)
- American Management Association
- American Hospitality Financial Management Society
- Eta Sigma Delta (International Hospitality Honorary Society)
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Honor Society for Business School
- Phi Beta Delta, Honor Society of International Scholars
- National Association for Minorities in Hospitality