- Programs & Admissions
- Student Life
- About Us
- Apply Now
Teaching Instructor365 Human Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74078
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|M.S.||Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK||Occupational and Adult Education|
|Certificate of Studies||Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY, Napa Valley, CA||Gastronomy|
|Diploma||Universite de Paris, La Sorbonne, Paris IV, Paris, France||Arts and Letters|
|B.A.||Stetson University, DeLand, FL||Humanities|
I am interested in the paradigm shift taking place in state universities around the country regarding collaborative teaching and research in schools of Hotel and Restaurant Administration and Nutritional Sciences. The “hard” and “soft” sciences come together to publish and teach across borders on subjects such as sustainability, “Farm to Table”, organic foods, international cuisine, cuisine v. health and a variety of other topics. Academics Research Extension and Engagement Administration
- Alcorn, M. & Curtis, C. (2016). Employee reaction to restaurant sustainability practices: A collective case study, Journal of Foodservice Management and Education, 10 (1), 16-23.
- Qui, D., Upchurch, R., Curtis, C., (2016). Resident acceptance of wind farms– An emerging tourism market in China, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 27, (1-3).
- Bodenhausen, C. & Curtis, C. (2016). Transformational leadership and employee involvement: Perspectives from millennial workforce entrants. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, DOI: 10.1080/1528008X.2015.1048920
- Kitterlin, M., Curtis, C., & Cervera, A. (2015). Workplace substance use and acceptance among nightclub employees: A qualitative investigation, Tourism Analysis, 20 (5), 469-474.
- Lasten, E., Curtis, C., Upchurch, R., &. Dammers, C. (2014). Measurement of traveler expectations versus service gaps — The case of general aviation services in Aruba, Tourism Management Perspectives, 12, 68-70.
- Curtis, C., Upchurch, R., & Dickson, D. (2013). Restaurant industry perspectives on pro-social rule breaking: Intent versus action. Florida International University Hospitality and Tourism Review, 31 (1), article 5.
- Curtis, C. (2012). Job perceptions of citizenship behavior and deviance: Musings from behind the bar. FloridaInternational University Hospitality and Tourism Review, 30 (1), 23-34.
- Kaufman, T., Upchurch, R.S. & Curtis, C. (2011). Timeshare brand affiliation impacts. International Journal of Built Environment and Asset Management. 1, (1), 4-13.
- Curtis, C., & Upchurch, R. (2010). An application of McClelland’s need theory to the casual dining industry. Tourism Analysis, 15 (1), 111-120.
- Upchurch, R.S., DiPietro, R.B., Curtis, C., & Hahm, J. (2010). Organizational commitment in the restaurant industry: A research note. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 13 (2), 127-143.
- Curtis, C. & Upchurch, R.S., & Severt, D. (2009). Employee motivation and organizational commitment: A comparison of tipped and non-tipped restaurant employees. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration, 10 (3), 253-269.
- Curtis, C. & Upchurch, R.S. (2008). A case study in establishing a positive service culture: Attachment and involvement in the workplace. Journal of Retail and Leisure Property, 7 (2), 131-138.
- Severt, D., & Curtis, C. (2008). Human resources management and a service culture. In Abraham Pizam and Dana Tesone (Eds.), Handbook of Hospitality Human Resources Management (pp. 115-134). New York: Butterworth Heinemann Publishers.
|Service Management||HRAD 2125|
|Beverages in Hospitality Industry||HRAD 3721|
|International Hospitality Studies||HRAD 4090|
|International Beverage Education||HRAD 4723|
- Hospitality Scholarship Committee Participant
- OSU Wine Forum, Spring 2009 Coordinator
- Hospitality Studies in Switzerland, Summer 2008 & 2009 Lecturer in International Cuisine
Awards & Recognition:
- Outstanding OAED Master student, School of Education 1995
- American Culinary Federation
- Ordre Mondial des Gourmets Degustateurs
- Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs