- Research Support
- Research Centers
- Prospective Grad Students
- Current Grad Students
- About Us
We provide support and guidance for preparation of applications for external funds to support research.
Proposal preparation and submission in the College of Human Sciences typically follows this process: PI meets with Department Head/School Director to discuss the proposed research; PI makes intent known to the Research & Graduate Studies Office; required agency forms are prepared by Research & Graduate Studies Office with university and college information; budget is developed; proposal is routed (must include final budget and project abstract) for necessary college and university signatures, including institutional approval by VPR; PI completes technical content; submission.
- Identify the most likely sponsor/funding agency
- Discuss planned effort with Department Head/School Director
- Make submission intent known to the Research & Graduate Studies Office
- Prepare the proposal content
Research & Graduate Studies Support:
- Provide information on potential sponsors and funding opportunities
- Prepare agency forms and provide university information as required by the sponsor
- Prepare the budget in the format required by the sponsor
- Review the final proposal
- Route for necessary signatures within the college and university (see OSU Routing Flow Chart)
- Submit the proposal
We encourage researchers to use the Draft Budget Template (Excel) when creating a proposal budget.
Proposals for external research funding are submitted by OSU (via the College of Human Sciences’ Research & Graduate Studies office), not by the PI. Oklahoma State University requires that all proposals receive institutional approval prior to formal submission. The college facilitates this approval process. Faculty must submit all proposals and awards through the college's Research & Graduate Studies Office to avoid contractual and budget problems prior to submission.
When a proposal becomes funded the Research & Graduate Studies Office will assist the PI with contract negotiations, including reviewing the new grant/contract for adherence to University policies and procedures.